Saturday, May 16, 2009

Veneration of Whoredom

One thing I've really found strange lately is the way in which popular western culture treats promiscuity and the idea of many partners being a sign of societal success. The whore is good because she allows so many to achieve the self esteem and stats they desire. The whore is bad because she cheapens the effect. But why, why do we even need this standard of judgment? That magic point where you've fucked enough others with the most stoic of face; that moment where you can now love someone and not be ridiculed for it - what a strange idea. I don't know how to express this really, but I just can't wrap my head around how one's number of partners is their success, yet at the same time I hold myself to this standard and it haunts me.
Fuck this.
Fuck sex.
Fuck art.
Let's dance.

1 comment:

  1. We are on earth for one reason- the same reason as every other living being- and that is to perpetuate our species. Therefore, it is a natural biological reaction to feel fulfilled and successful as you spread your seed.

    However, since we are human, another strange biological reaction occurs. We call this emotion- it's curse is hate; it's gift is love.

    ReplyDelete